My Neighbor

The girl that lives across my door, happens to be a very very interesting character.

She could easily fit into any of my favorite anime or tv shows.

I talk, of course, of RB.

People who read this blog may know her from the V day thing.

Let me list out a few of our (mis)adventures together.
First impressions? Not much to say. She was just this girl who was gonna be living next to me. I didn’t give her much thought, just hurriedly locked up my room and said I was going home. I think her first comment was to say that my windows faced the washroom and that I should move. I guess that should have given me a clue, about what was I in for.

Sadly I didn’t give it much thought and rushed home.

Fast forward to a couple of months, and here we were in this roller coaster of assignments, pain(I look at you analog), confusion (decision making sucks) , new friends and RB.

I guess if I had to sum up about the way she talked – I would just say this – blissfully ignorant foot in mouth. Squared, cubed, exponential? Let’s just say that the goofy good weirdness was in full swing.

She would innocently make bold statements, and the innuendo would get us falling out of our seats. Dinner is never boring when she is around. Sometimes I just sit back and giggle madly as she weaves her magic. I am sure P does the same. MnM (another friend, project partner, femme fatale, genius, she’s working right now and here I am writing away. Sorry MnM) usually seems tired, although sometimes she joins the fun.

With the new gym opened up here, she decided she would lose weight – not that she needs it.

Now this gym instructor would ask all of us to stretch, use all the equipment, run, lift weights and everything. Our girl? She goes right in – looks scandalized at the thought of actually stretching, doesn’t even argue with the instructor, she just says “Ah! I don’t do all that!” and hits the treadmill. The gym instructor hopes she doesn’t come again (her words not mine)

Shooing away couples is also a standard response of hers.

And her amazing quality of walking up to a person and asking them the most awkward questions with this poker face of hers results in side splitting laughs.
For example – During the treasure hunt, she went up to one of the organizer and happily asked him if the clue we had in hand was already solved. The poor kid ended up showing us where was the clue. (We didn’t win sadly)
This is just a tiny sample of what she is capable of. If you hear her talking about her college, you will get the general idea that most profs avoided her like the plague, and that she enjoyed bullying them (Respect level – High).

Despite all this, teasing RB seems to be a favorite way of passing time during dinner for all of us.(Yes , evil I know, but its so hard to resist someone like her - all gullible and willing . That came out wrong. And this is how she talks, except she wouldn't know it was wrong. :D)

She on the other hand loves teasing certain few people.
A certain little boy (correction – annoying little boy) is her favorite. She calls him Annie. She leaves no opportunity to make him regret talking to her ever. I wish I could learn that.

 We trouble her a lot. I got to know that she is terrified of horror movies. What better way to show her my love than getting everyone over to her room and watching one? That day, I guess she probably didn’t sleep. Watching her chase us out of her room is like watching a cute hen being territorial.
The thing is – even though I feel like I know her well, and that I can predict what she does, she always surprises me. She has this side to her that she rarely reveals and then goes ahead and covers it up with her trademark humor. She is like a mysterious Jigglypuff. So cute and cuddly, but so full of hidden powers.

Another thing that bugs me is that she never admits that she is pretty. I see her with her long hair, tall curvy frame and just compliment her – her reaction though is of a flustered cute hen, clucking her disapproval.

 She is everything that I could want in a friend – Brave, strong, bold, cheerful, kind and always ready to help. Her advice makes sense too!

Happy birthday Babe! Stay sexy, stay gold.


PS: To the curious reader, I was hoping to write a lot more about her, but can’t right now (let’s not go there). More on our girl coming soon!

Comments

Wow. This is way better than what I've written :p
Bala is going to be really happy :)
Dragon Rider said…
I thought yours was waaaayyy better than mine. Captured the essence pretty well. :D

Popular Posts